Monday, April 27, 2015

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL (MONDAY 27 APRIL 2015)

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Monday April 27

THE BENEFITS OF SALVATION II

Memorise:
And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
Ephesians 1:22-23

Read: Ezekiel 36:24-30
24  For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.   
25  Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.    
26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.    
27  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.   
28  And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.    
29  I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.    
30  And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.  

Message
As a child of God, it is part of your benefits to enjoy continuous spiritual victory over the kingdom of Satan. The devil is the last person that would like to see you saved. He is committed to anything that will pull you down from your new-found faith. You have to be aggressive in your response to him (1 Peter 5:8-9). Jesus with these words granted you authority as a believer in Luke 10:19:
 "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

It is this authority that you use in commanding respect. It is this authority that will make demons to bow. You use the authority in Jesus to put challenging events and circumstances where they belong. For instance, it is the authority backing a policeman that makes him simply raise his hands to stop oncoming vehicles. As long as he is in that uniform, he will command obedience. If you are born-again, authority has been given to you. You are to make use of this authority to preach good tidings to the meek. You are to bind up the broken-hearted. You are to decree liberty to those who are captives and the opening of prisons to those that are bound. Your authority is to be used for commanding the devil and his activities out of your jurisdiction.

Some time ago, while travelling to Ilesha in southwest Nigeria, I saw a vehicle parked along the way at Ile-Ife. The bonnet of the car was opened, and on closer inspection, I saw one of my daughters standing by the car. I decided to park and find out what the matter was. I asked her what was wrong with her car. She replied that there was nothing wrong with the car, but that everything was wrong with her personally. She told me that the baby in her womb had not moved for several days, and that the doctor had confirmed that the baby was dead. She parked her car to contemplate on what she should do. Since I was with her at that point, she asked me to just lay my hands on her stomach and speak the word of power so that the baby would come back to life. I did as she requested and continued with my journey. 

The Lord honoured my words, and that child came back to life again. This same child graduated from the university in 2003. This miracle was made possible because of the benefits of salvation. Without salvation, I couldn't have commanded even a dead cockroach to come back to life, but in salvation lies the power of resurrection. This is way I know that everything dead in your business is coming back to life, and the supreme power of God is swallowing up all the powers of the enemy in your life in Jesus' Name.

Prayer point:
By the authority given to me by Jesus, I destroy everything limiting God's benefits in my life.

Bible in a year: Judges 15:1-16:22 & Matthew 26:69-27:14... Read after the cut:

Judges 15:1-16:22; 

Jdg 15:1  But it came to pass within a while after, in the time of wheat harvest, that Samson visited his wife with a kid; and he said, I will go in to my wife into the chamber. But her father would not suffer him to go in. 
Jdg 15:2  And her father said, I verily thought that thou hadst utterly hated her; therefore I gave her to thy companion: is not her younger sister fairer than she? take her, I pray thee, instead of her. 
Jdg 15:3  And Samson said concerning them, Now shall I be more blameless than the Philistines, though I do them a displeasure. 
Jdg 15:4  And Samson went and caught three hundred foxes, and took firebrands, and turned tail to tail, and put a firebrand in the midst between two tails. 
Jdg 15:5  And when he had set the brands on fire, he let them go into the standing corn of the Philistines, and burnt up both the shocks, and also the standing corn, with the vineyards and olives. 
Jdg 15:6  Then the Philistines said, Who hath done this? And they answered, Samson, the son in law of the Timnite, because he had taken his wife, and given her to his companion. And the Philistines came up, and burnt her and her father with fire. 
Jdg 15:7  And Samson said unto them, Though ye have done this, yet will I be avenged of you, and after that I will cease. 
Jdg 15:8  And he smote them hip and thigh with a great slaughter: and he went down and dwelt in the top of the rock Etam. 
Jdg 15:9  Then the Philistines went up, and pitched in Judah, and spread themselves in Lehi. 
Jdg 15:10  And the men of Judah said, Why are ye come up against us? And they answered, To bind Samson are we come up, to do to him as he hath done to us. 
Jdg 15:11  Then three thousand men of Judah went to the top of the rock Etam, and said to Samson, Knowest thou not that the Philistines are rulers over us? what is this that thou hast done unto us? And he said unto them, As they did unto me, so have I done unto them. 
Jdg 15:12  And they said unto him, We are come down to bind thee, that we may deliver thee into the hand of the Philistines. And Samson said unto them, Swear unto me, that ye will not fall upon me yourselves. 
Jdg 15:13  And they spake unto him, saying, No; but we will bind thee fast, and deliver thee into their hand: but surely we will not kill thee. And they bound him with two new cords, and brought him up from the rock. 
Jdg 15:14  And when he came unto Lehi, the Philistines shouted against him: and the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him, and the cords that were upon his arms became as flax that was burnt with fire, and his bands loosed from off his hands. 
Jdg 15:15  And he found a new jawbone of an ass, and put forth his hand, and took it, and slew a thousand men therewith. 
Jdg 15:16  And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men. 
Jdg 15:17  And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking, that he cast away the jawbone out of his hand, and called that place Ramathlehi. 
Jdg 15:18  And he was sore athirst, and called on the LORD, and said, Thou hast given this great deliverance into the hand of thy servant: and now shall I die for thirst, and fall into the hand of the uncircumcised? 
Jdg 15:19  But God clave an hollow place that was in the jaw, and there came water thereout; and when he had drunk, his spirit came again, and he revived: wherefore he called the name thereof Enhakkore, which is in Lehi unto this day. 
Jdg 15:20  And he judged Israel in the days of the Philistines twenty years. 



Judges 16:22;

Jdg 16:1  Then went Samson to Gaza, and saw there an harlot, and went in unto her. 
Jdg 16:2  And it was told the Gazites, saying, Samson is come hither. And they compassed him in, and laid wait for him all night in the gate of the city, and were quiet all the night, saying, In the morning, when it is day, we shall kill him. 
Jdg 16:3  And Samson lay till midnight, and arose at midnight, and took the doors of the gate of the city, and the two posts, and went away with them, bar and all, and put them upon his shoulders, and carried them up to the top of an hill that is before Hebron. 
Jdg 16:4  And it came to pass afterward, that he loved a woman in the valley of Sorek, whose name was Delilah. 
Jdg 16:5  And the lords of the Philistines came up unto her, and said unto her, Entice him, and see wherein his great strength lieth, and by what means we may prevail against him, that we may bind him to afflict him: and we will give thee every one of us eleven hundred pieces of silver. 
Jdg 16:6  And Delilah said to Samson, Tell me, I pray thee, wherein thy great strength lieth, and wherewith thou mightest be bound to afflict thee. 
Jdg 16:7  And Samson said unto her, If they bind me with seven green withs that were never dried, then shall I be weak, and be as another man. 
Jdg 16:8  Then the lords of the Philistines brought up to her seven green withs which had not been dried, and she bound him with them. 
Jdg 16:9  Now there were men lying in wait, abiding with her in the chamber. And she said unto him, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he brake the withs, as a thread of tow is broken when it toucheth the fire. So his strength was not known. 
Jdg 16:10  And Delilah said unto Samson, Behold, thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: now tell me, I pray thee, wherewith thou mightest be bound. 
Jdg 16:11  And he said unto her, If they bind me fast with new ropes that never were occupied, then shall I be weak, and be as another man. 
Jdg 16:12  Delilah therefore took new ropes, and bound him therewith, and said unto him, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And there were liers in wait abiding in the chamber. And he brake them from off his arms like a thread. 
Jdg 16:13  And Delilah said unto Samson, Hitherto thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: tell me wherewith thou mightest be bound. And he said unto her, If thou weavest the seven locks of my head with the web. 
Jdg 16:14  And she fastened it with the pin, and said unto him, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awaked out of his sleep, and went away with the pin of the beam, and with the web. 
Jdg 16:15  And she said unto him, How canst thou say, I love thee, when thine heart is not with me? thou hast mocked me these three times, and hast not told me wherein thy great strength lieth. 
Jdg 16:16  And it came to pass, when she pressed him daily with her words, and urged him, so that his soul was vexed unto death; 
Jdg 16:17  That he told her all his heart, and said unto her, There hath not come a razor upon mine head; for I have been a Nazarite unto God from my mother's womb: if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man. 
Jdg 16:18  And when Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called for the lords of the Philistines, saying, Come up this once, for he hath shewed me all his heart. Then the lords of the Philistines came up unto her, and brought money in their hand. 
Jdg 16:19  And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him. 
Jdg 16:20  And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the LORD was departed from him. 
Jdg 16:21  But the Philistines took him, and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison house. 
Jdg 16:22  Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven. 



Matthew 26:69-27:14

Mat 26:69  Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee. 
Mat 26:70  But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest. 
Mat 26:71  And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth. 
Mat 26:72  And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man. 
Mat 26:73  And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee. 
Mat 26:74  Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew. 
Mat 26:75  And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly. 

Matthew 27:14

Mat 27:1  When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death: 
Mat 27:2  And when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to Pontius Pilate the governor. 
Mat 27:3  Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, 
Mat 27:4  Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. 
Mat 27:5  And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. 
Mat 27:6  And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood. 
Mat 27:7  And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in. 
Mat 27:8  Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day. 
Mat 27:9  Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value; 
Mat 27:10  And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me. 
Mat 27:11  And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest. 
Mat 27:12  And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing. 
Mat 27:13  Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee? 
Mat 27:14  And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment